Which program should I register for?
We organize our Tandem programs into two major categories:
1) those organized by your instructor for your whole class
- Your instructor will give us a class list with email addresses
- You will receive an email from TandemPlus asking you to sign-in to our matching website (tandem.umn.edu) using that same email and create a profile
- We will match you with a partner.
- After receiving an email from us, you can log-in to your C2C page and profile at tandem.umn.edu to find your partner's contact information
- Your instructor will tell you when and how often you should converse with your partner
2) those organized by you on a volunteer basis
(Face-to-Face or Virtual Face-to-Face exchanges)
- At the beginning of any term (Fall, Spring, Summer), you can create or update your F2F account on our matching website (tandem.umn.edu). You will create or update your profile and indicate which languages you speak and are learning.
- If you are willing to converse virtually online via Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp or another tool, be sure to mark that correct box on your profile. For some languages, this is the best way to find a partner.
- Once we have matched you with a partner, you will receive an email from us with your partner's name and email address.
- Now it is your responsibility to contact your partner and decide how often, when, and where you will meet. See the section below "I have a partner. Now what?" for ideas of how to work with your partner.
- At the end of the term, all of the F2F and Virtual F2F partnerships will officially end. If you register again during the next term, you will be matched with a new partner.
- You will need to register and update your profile every term you want to participate.